EDAA PhD Forum 2008
Call for Submissions
The PhD forum is part of the DATE Conference and hosted by the European Design Automation Association (EDAA).
The PhD Forum is a great opportunity for PhD students to present their thesis work to a broad audience in the system design and design automation community from both industry and academia.
The PhD Forum may also help students to establish contacts for entering the job market. In addition, representatives from industry and academia get a glance of state-of-the-art in system design and design automation.
* have finished their PhD thesis within the last 12 months or
* students who are close to finish to their thesis work can present their work at the PhD forum.
* a poster presentation in A0 format at the DATE PhD Forum
* contacts to professionals from industry and academia
* possibility to distribute flyers summarizing the PhD work
* possibility to apply for EDAA travel grants once the PhD thesis is accepted for presentation at the PhD Forum
* a (free) dinner reception
Send an e-mail to Paul.Pop@imm.dtu.dk with the subject line "DATE PhD Forum", containing:
* full contact address, with affiliation, phone, fax
* a 1-page extended abstract describing the novelties and advantages of the thesis work of not more than 800 words (PDF) . The abstract should also include name and affiliation. Figures may be included as far as the 1-page limit is not exceeded.
* either (a) a University-approved thesis proposal (PDF) or (b) one published paper (PDF)
* Submission deadline: 1st November, 2007
* Notification of acceptance: 17th December, 2007
* Presentation at DATE: 10th March, 2008
EDAA is a non-profit association. Its purpose is to operate for educational, scientific and technical purposes for the benefit of the international electronics design and design automation community. The Association, in the field of design and design automation of electronic circuits and systems, promotes a series of high quality technical international conferences and workshops across Europe and cooperates actively to maintain harmonious relationships with other national and international technical societies and groups promoting the purpose of the Association. EDAA is the main sponsor of DATE, the premier Design, Automation and Test Conference and Exhibition in Europe .